My ABSOLUTE love of fudge got me looking around for the healthier alternative, because let’s face it – fudge is basically sugar, mixed with more sugar & a sprinkle of sugar to serve.
So I decided to turn to one of my mealtime favourites – chickpeas. Because I don’t eat any meat sources besides fish, I have to make sure I replace my protein intake and therefore chickpeas always make it into my shopping trolley.
I really love baking sweet treats with unusual ingredients like chickpeas, black beans & sweet potato – so this recipe won’t be the first.
So, let’s get to the deliciousness. This recipe literally has 4 ingredients, so it’s easy to make, budget friendly and not filled with unnecessary extras!
- 1 can of chickpeas drained & deshelled
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (sugar & salt free)
- 1 tbs creamed honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Soak the canned chickpeas in warm water so as to easily pop off their shells
- Blend the deshelled chickpeas together with the remainder of the ingredients to form a smooth texture
- Pour out into a square freezable dish
- Cut into squares once frozen
- Store in freezer
I would totally understand if you didn’t share or ate the entire batch in one setting. They are incredibly moreish!